Thursday, February 21, 2008

Performance Review Of Election Commissioner Bathman

Yesterday a five member committee reviewed the performance of Election Commissioner Bathman. The reason for this was that complaints were filed against him for four different reasons. I will post about the reasons for the complaints later, at least the best I can tell. I only submitted one of the complaints and I will identify which one it is when I talk about them.

The conclusions were very good. Basically the Committee recognized Bathman's poor performance and reprimanded him for it. However the review Committee is allowing Bathman to stay on as the Election Commissioner. While I agree that he should stay on as Election Commissioner I do not agree with the reasoning. The reasoning behind staying on is basically that they could not find a suitable replacement. This is not exactly what they said in the Committee's final report however after conversations with people close to the situation they too believe that the only reason they did not find a replacement is because they simply could not find a capable candidate (although the candidates that they mentioned all seemed very capable of doing a great job).

More to follow on the specific complaints and how the committee has addressed them.

Opinions expressed in any aggiesenate blog posts are the opinions of the author.

No comments: